Despite a difficult weekend for Andretti United Extreme E’s Catie Munnings and Timmy Hansen at the Island X Prix – round four of Extreme E – the Anglo-American team have successfully kept the championship title alive after finishing sixth in Sardinia.
Partnership, Communications & Marketing Manager – Andretti United Extreme E
An outstanding opportunity to work with one of the leading entrants for the social-purpose-motorsport series, Extreme E, which will both challenge and reward the right candidate. The Andretti United Extreme E Team is the fusion of two motorsport power houses – Andretti Autosport and United Autosports to form an ultra-competitive team to contest, with the aim of winning, the Extreme E motorsport series. Andretti United Extreme E is a race winning team that established itself as one of the forerunners of the Extreme E series and it has taken a leading commercial position with a portfolio of interesting and diverse partners.
This position is available on a full-time, employed basis, with an envisaged start date in January 2022 ahead of the opening Extreme E race of Season 2 in February.
The nature of the Extreme E series dictates that a minimum number of personnel are allowed from each team to attend the race events, which includes a marketing and communication role. Andretti United Extreme E is therefore seeking a marketing/sponsorship liaison professional and an experienced all-rounder who will be as adept at creating and posting engaging content for digital distribution as they will be at hosting a small number of VVIP guests. The role amalgamates partnership account management and activation with media relations and press officer duties. It is undoubtedly a challenging role but one that will suit a highly motivated, digitally savvy and personable individual who buys into the Extreme E concept and who is prepared to meet the standards expected and required by a racing team with the pedigree of the Andretti United Extreme E team. The successful candidate will need to be someone who can work to tight deadlines with minimum supervision and who can adapt quickly to the unique challenges that will be part of working in this pioneering motorsport series. A background in motorsport is preferred but not essential.
EVERY DAY DUTIES
- Take on the responsibility of partner management to deliver against the team’s contractual obligations (and more) and to help develop the relationship to allow the commercial team to try to upsell and extend partnerships. This will involve day-to-day contact with team partners and assisting them with their activation programmes, including but not limited to, driver and team co-ordination for personal appearances, show-car uses, content creation between race events, other deliverables.
- Create a suite of digital assets that can be located and used by partners in accordance with their partnership rights. Take responsibility for the updating of the same.
- Work with Charlotte Lumley (United Autosports) and Ryann Weatherford (Andretti Autosport) who are responsible for overall group communications on creative content ideas that will propel the AUXE team to the top of content creation, execution and delivery versus other series rights holders.
- Take responsibility for the accounting of provision of team assets against contract provision.
- Ensure that the AUXE team is at the forefront of any Promoter arranged activations and promotions wherever possible to keep the AUXE team relevant and prominent.
- Regular updating of the team’s social media pages and website
AT RACE EVENTS
- Oversee and deliver any guest programmes (Team Investors / Team stakeholders / Sponsors and other partners) at race events and remote hospitality.
- Create content for partners based on their partnership strategy / specific race briefing / XE or own Legacy Programmes
- Create content for AUXE team communications relating to race event location / environmental challenge / reporting on team progress in each session / fan engagement programmes etc
- Driver / Team spokesman scheduling with XE Promoter
- Media liaison, actual and virtual
- Race event follow up with partners to include rights-free photographic images, race report review from the team owners and legacy programme achievements
Remuneration and location
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role. The position is a full-time role, based at United Autosports’ workshop in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. It would also be possible to accommodate a candidate who was within comfortable traveling distance of Andretti’s European base in Banbury, Oxfordshire. The role requires international travel to each Extreme E round, therefore the successful candidate should have an up to date passport and driving licence.
How to Apply