Driver line up confirmed for Andretti United Extreme E’s debut in brand new electric series.
Marketing and Communications Manager
An outstanding opportunity to work with one of the leading entrants for the new for 2021 social-purpose-motorsport series, Extreme E, which will both challenge and reward the right candidate.
The Andretti United Extreme E Team is the fusion of two motorsport power houses – Andretti Autosport and United Autosports to form an ultra-competitive team to contest, with the aim of winning, the new Extreme E motorsport series. This position is available on a freelance basis, with an immediate start ahead of the opening Extreme E race set for the beginning of April.
The nature of the Extreme E series dictates that a minimum number of personnel are allowed from each team to attend the race events to carry out marketing and communication tasks.
Andretti United Extreme E is therefore seeking a motorsport experienced all-rounder who will be as adept at creating and posting engaging content for digital distribution as they will be at hosting small numbers of VVIP guests.
The role amalgamates partnership account management and activation with media relations and press officer duties. It is undoubtedly a challenging role but one that will suit a highly motivated, digitally savvy and personable individual who buys into the Extreme E concept and who is prepared to meet the standards expected and required by a racing team with the pedigree of United Autosports and Andretti Autosport.
The successful candidate will need to be someone who can work to tight deadlines with minimum supervision and who can adapt quickly to the unique challenges that will be part of working in this pioneering motorsport series.
- Take on the responsibility of partner management to deliver against the team’s contractual obligations (and more) and to help develop the relationship to allow the commercial team to try to upsell and extend partnerships. This will involve day-to-day contact with team partners and assisting them with their activation programmes including but not limited to driver and team co-ordination for personal appearances, show-car uses, content creation between race events, other deliverables.
- Create a suite of digital assets that can be located and used by partners in accordance with their partnership rights. Take responsibility for the updating of the same.
- Work with Charlotte Lumley (United Autosports) and Ryann Weatherford (Andretti Autosport) who are responsible for overall group communications on creative content ideas that will propel the AUXE team to the top of content creation, execution and delivery versus other series rights holders.
- Take responsibility for the accounting of provision of team assets against contract provision.
- Ensure that the AUXE team is at the forefront of any Promoter arranged activations and promotions wherever possible to keep the AUXE team relevant and prominent.
At Race Events
- Oversee and deliver any guest programmes (Team Investors / Team stakeholders / Sponsors and other partners) at race events and remote hospitality.
- Create content for partners based on their partnership strategy / specific race briefing / XE or own Legacy Programmes.
- Create content for AUXE team communications relating to race event location / environmental challenge / reporting on team progress in each session / fan engagement programmes etc.
- Driver / Team Spokesman scheduling with XE Promoter.
- Media liaison, actual and virtual.
- Race event follow up with partners to include rights-free photographic images, race report review from team owners Michael Andretti & Zak Brown and legacy programme achievements.
Remuneration & Location
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role. Ideally, the candidate will be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire but it would also be possible to accommodate a candidate who was within comfortable traveling distance of Andretti’s European base in Banbury, Oxfordshire. The role requires international travel to each Extreme E round, therefore the successful candidate should have an up to date passport and driving licence.
How to Apply
Please send your CV together with a covering note explaining why you would be interested in this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com